Wednesday, January 1, 2014

truth and light in the new year.

I thought I'd have more to say, seeing that it's a new year and all, but I feel like I'm still very much processing what God's been revealing to me about this upcoming year. Therefore, I'd rather not waste your time rambling on about things I'm still rather confused about myself and cardboard ideas I'm still very much fleshing out, bringing to life.

What I can leave you with is a slightly modified quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet, one that I stumbled onto while reading an article the other day. It hit me hard, and it's something I feel God has been increasingly bringing to my mind as I meditate on past, present, future.

"This above all: to thine own self - in Christ - be true."

Read it a second time. And a third. Let its truth sink in. 

Through all of the resolutions and goals, ideas and visions, I pray this next year is another step of the journey in growing truer and truer to the Light that lives within.

Grace and peace to you in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment