Wednesday, November 14, 2012

welcome to suicide.

The title of this blog came from a poem I wrote a while back for a talent show at church (I'll get around to posting it on here eventually). Recently, more so than ever before, God's just been choosing random times to reveal little things to me. Revelations about a certain Bible verse, subtle realizations about myself, or just an interesting perspective that I've never seen before. And seeing that most of these tidbits come to me when I'm alone, I never really get the chance to tell anyone about them.

So, that's why I created this world. It's pretty bare, without much color or flashiness or neon signs that light up the way to the next strip mall. But there are seeds planted beneath the fading cardboard, seeds that are growing into beautiful trees that cast out their branches like guardian angels. And the world's citizens aren't very formal, and they don't dress up in much more than a T-shirt for church. But beneath the fading clothes beat hearts that yearn for authenticity, hearts that don't want a professionally dry cleaned suit to cover up the blood. The blood that comes when they pour out their all in honest surrender, a constant suicide that gives God an opening to squeeze through the wounds and expand. It is here, in the midst of these oddball-outcast-bloody-screw-ups and giant trees planted in cardboard that I'm going to talk about whatever God puts on my heart, in hopes that it means something to someone somewhere.    

Welcome to the inside cardboard world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment